Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Henry Cavill on the cover of Men's Health Magazine


covers the November 2011 issue of Men's Health Magazine.

Here’s what Henry Cavill had to share:
On losing the role of James Bond to Daniel Craig: “I obviously wasn’t right for Bond. I did [give it my all], and I wasn’t right. That’s all.”
On his reaction to losing certain roles: “I want to be chosen, not wish I was part of something. I didn’t pine over the fact that I didn’t get the last one. It was ‘move on, carry on,’ whatever!”
On maintaining an eight-pack to play Theseus in Immortals: “It’s very stressful, waking up Monday morning and saying ‘Can I still see that vein in my abs?’”
On training for Immortals on set: “There was a sense of team and camaraderie. We all sweated together, we all bled together, we all ate the same highly inefficient food and just kept on going and supported each other.”

Technically, Man of Steel isn't Cavill's first time wearing Superman's cape. About 7 years ago he was cast as Clark Kent (and alter ego) in the last update of the franchise, Superman Returns. But when the original director, McG, abruptly quit, Cavill was gone with him. As it turned out, that flaccid sequel to the Christopher Reeve series proved to be kryptonite for the career of its replacement star, Brandon Routh.

"He's definitely more Superman now than he was 7 years ago, I think," says Man of Steel director Zack Snyder. "He has been the rock that we can build this movie around."
For more from Henry, visit MensHealth.com!

The Henry Cavill Workout
See the routine good enough for both a Greek god and the Man of Steel

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin