Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Film Review: Man of Steel

Okay, I'm two months late in posting my Film Review: Man of Steel here, but that's because I've been busy with so many things during the MOS promo with so many posts I've posted here (before and after the movie came out) the past few months and other things outside this blog. There were just too many things to keep up. I thought I'd write my review later when I have the time to really write one. I've seen this movie multiple times in theaters (last June and July) and I loved and enjoyed watching this movie, of course. I just haven't had a chance nor the time to actually write my own thoughts and film review for this movie until yesterday in my other blog: In The Mood For Movies...and to post it here today as well.

Here's part of my Film Review: Man of Steel ....


Watch the Man of Steel trailer #3

(source: WarnerBrosPictures)

Synopsis
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind. (via Warner Bros. Pictures)
I saw Man of Steel with my brother on its Thursday night advance Wal-mart screening just before its opening day, Friday June 14th. We saw it in 3D! We loved and enjoyed watching this movie. Then, I saw this movie again the following week with my parents, this time on iMax 2D. I must say, iMax 2D was the best format (as I saw this movie again, a couple more times in real 2D...this film was definitely worth watching more than once...at least, for me) to see this new Superman film on the big screen. I must say, this was the best live-action Superman film I've seen to date and the film version I've been waiting and wanting to see for a long time. I've enjoyed watching the first 4 Superman films (starring the late Christopher Reeve & Margot Kidder) and Superman Returns (starring Brandon Routh) even the TV versions from Superboy series to Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (this show made me a huge Lois & Clark/Superman fan though and will always be my favorite especially the great portrayal/performance and pairing of Teri Hatcher as Lois Lane & Dean Cain as Clark Kent/Superman) to Smallville (with Tom Welling as Clark Kent and especially Erica Durance as Lois Lane, my second favorite LL after Teri Hatcher)...I've watched them all, but I don't really have a favorite Superman film version. As much as I've enjoyed watching the first two Superman films with Christopher Reeve (didn't care much for the 3rd and 4th films) and Superman Returns, I didn't have a favorite film version that I'd say I had seen multiple times and still love it (after repeat viewings)...until after I've seen this movie, which I thought was superb and amazing. While this film was not perfect and it had its (minor) flaws, I loved and enjoyed watching it anyway. Read my full Film Review: Man of Steel

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin