Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Amy Adams talks about Lois Lane

attended CinemaCon earlier this week, and the LA Times did a quick interview with the three- time Oscar nominee and asked her about being cast in the role of Lois Lane for the up-coming Superman film.

Amy Adams thinks Lois Lane is super: ‘You don’t have to be a man to be powerful’

“I think the role of women in society constantly changes,” Adams said in Las Vegas where she was attending  CinemaCon. ”And what I love about Lois Lane is that she’s been very consistently strong, successful, independent. I’m very attracted to that. It was a time when women were really — I don’t want to make some grand statement because I know it will come across as a grand statement — but [women were often limited by society then and] what I loved about her was that she was able to be smart and be feminine and I think that that’s something I know I’m going to teach my daughter, that you don’t have to be a man to be powerful. You can be a powerful woman.”
ShowBizSpy.com reports that the actress is actually scared of heights, but will do her best to overcome her fears in preparation for her work with the Man of Steel.
    "Amy is not great with heights but this is a role she was never going to turn down," reveals a source close to the actress. "She's expecting some wire work so she's planning to try and face her fears way before that. This really is a dream role for her. Lois is an icon and it's worth the ordeal of a few dizzy moments."
Also, from Yahoo! News...
Amy Adams lives out childhood dream as Lois Lane
"She's such a fantastic character," Adams said Tuesday at CinemaCon, a Las Vegas convention for theater owners, where she appeared with co-star Jason Segel to promote their family comedy "The Muppets," due out in November. "She's feminine, she's intelligent, she's a go-getter. She's somebody I have identified with since whenever.

"I'm like the luckiest girl in the world. I've gotten to be a princess, I've gotten to work with the Muppets. A lot of my childhood dreams about who I wanted to be when I was a grown-up, I at least get to play them in movies. And Lois Lane is one of them. So I'm just excited. I hope I bring something that people enjoy."
Speaking of Amy Adams as the new Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman film...

Collider interviewed Amy Adams and called her "Miss Lane"...see her reaction below!


Plus, check out a new Superman director Zack Snyder interview while promoting Sucker Punch in London and he talked about the new Superman film casting of Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman and hint a possible villain character...

One more thing, while we're still on Amy Adams and Lois Lane subject...

Interesting similarities I noticed between these 3 Lois Lane actresses...
Not only that these three wonderful actresses are red-heads (Well, AA's sort of a red-head...her natural hair color though is strawberry blonde, but she's been sporting a red hair color for a long time now and it looks great on her)...they all have similar double initials, which is similar to their iconic character: Lois Lane...

Noel Neill + Dana Delany + Amy Adams = Lois Lane

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin