Saturday, October 18, 2008

Smallville: Committed Review

Here's another Smallville Season 8 Episode 8.05 ...

Committed Review
by Kiki


"Committed" was mainly focusing on the character's (namely Chloe and Jimmy and Clark and Lois) true feelings about each other -- oh yeah, time for The Love Anthem. After they leave their engagement party, Chloe and Jimmy are abducted by a psychotic jeweler who was emotionally scarred by his wife’s infidelity and is now kidnapping couples and subjecting them to a kryptonite-enhanced lie detector that shocks them if they lie. The abductor asked Chloe if she is in love with anyone else. Meanwhile, in an effort to find Chloe and Jimmy, Clark and Lois pose as a couple and are kidnapped themselves then, asked how they feel about each other. On the side-story -- Tess and Oliver are having a little bit of affair.

This episode was directed by Glen Winter, who had directed a few episodes from the previous seasons -- namely Fallout, Cyborg, Traveler, Blue and Crimson. Bryan Q. Millar was responsible for writing this episode. Millar is not a familiar name in SV world -- in my reckoning -- and I'm positive that he is a new addition to Smallville's writing team. For a newcomer, he certainly did a great job -- and I daresay that he did capture each character wonderfully, especially Clark Kent, and of course I absolutely adore his interpretation in writing Clark's interaction with his bossy "partner", Lois Lane. This episode is, by far, the best episode for this season.


The Engagement Party and the Shooting



Jimmy and Chloe: "I didn't mean to cut your head off..." Cute, Jimmy. I actually love these two. The happy couple really sold themselves out with being genuinely happy to be together. I never actually see them having a great chemistry but at the party, I really did see it. They are both seen smiling all the time -- except when Lois did her little speech -- and I found these cute couple really adorable. I love the little kiss they had at the party and on the street. Is it just me, or did you just love to see Chloe smiling like all the time?

Lois Lane: "When Chloe and I were little girls, we made a promise. Neither of us would get married until we've found our soul-mates -- one person in the whole wide world that we're destined to be with" Lois made this speech when she was drunk and I really like the little story about her and Chloe. I had cute picture in my head. I've seen Lois drunk before and it wasn't pretty. This time, it started off really nice but the end wasn't pretty -- what she did was probably the worst thing she ever did to Chloe. Apparently, she's not too thrilled about Chloe's decision of marrying Jimmy. I'm actually seeing her action from a different perspective. I do agree with Clark that she's jealous of Chloe and deep down -- I think she really concerned about her little cousin.

Clark Kent: Clark to the rescue! I love the fact that he was there when Lois was drunk and telling him things she shouldn't. Clark do have the tendency to be at the right place at the right time. "I've known Chloe since the 8th grade and we've been through a lot together. The truth is -- in all those years I've never seen her so happy." I really felt a bit teary when he made the little speech for Chloe and Jimmy -- unless Tom Welling is a bad actor -- Clark did seem so genuinely happy for the engaged couple.


At the Kents Farm with Clark and Lois

Lois Lane: Lois woke up. Apparently -- this time, Lois took the couch -- and in Clark's jersey, non-the-less. Her gorgeous hair is in a wild disarray and not to mention, a foul mood. "Please tell me we didn't --" She actually asked him that? I love Lois in this mood! She's so much fun and she being like that just made me laughing with merriment.

Clark Kent: He's back in his blue shirt -- did it look a bit smaller now? or is it Tom? When Lois asked him about the night before, I wasn't quite sure if he's pretending not to understand or he really was being so dense -- but both worked just fine. Is it just me or did he look a bit different? He seemed… so calm. I love his sarcastic smiles after he said, "I don't think Jimmy and Chloe would be up for the Whitesnake's sing-along." He mentioned Whitesnake -- I love the Crimson connection.

Read the rest of Kiki's review here: Smallville S08E05 - "Committed" Review.

Also, check out her Smallville S08E04 - "Instinct" Review.

Plus read DTED's "Toxic" Episode Review here.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin