Thursday, April 30, 2009

Erica Durance's TV Guide Interview (Part 2)

Here's part 2 of TVGuide.com's interview with Erica Durance.

In Part 1 of TV Guide's Q&A with Erica Durance, discusses Lois' wild plan, shares the secrets behind her skintight outfit, and previews Smallville's next step toward the Superman mythology's famous love "triangle."


Now that "Stiletto" has kicked up her heels and gotten some good phone from the Blur, the CW's Smallville (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET) is just three weeks from its Season 8 finale. Here in Part 2 of TV Guide's Q&A, Erica Durance shares a glimpse at the season-ender, in which Clark and Doomsday will go toe-to-toe (or at least cotton windbreaker-to-bony protrusions)


TVGuide.com: Before we tease the season finale, I want to rewind a bit and talk about the episode "Hex." To accurately play Lois-as-Chloe, did you work with Allison Mack, or did you study her mannerisms from afar? The result was pretty spot-on.
Erica Durance: Thank you for that. I was duly nervous to do that because of how good Allison is, and also because I know that the fans love the Chloe character. So I really wanted to make sure that I gave it my best effort. I did two things: I studied a lot of Allison's episodes, from this year specifically. And then, and this was really lovely, she would run over and give me advice, these little pieces that you only know if you're the one playing the character.

TVGuide.com: There were so many nice touches, like the nervous lower-lip bite, the wide-open eyes.....
Durance: What was really fun was that as I started to get my groove, I surprised myself and some stuff just came out. It was a fun show because people were laughing at how close it was. You had Allison going, "I didn't know I did that with my face!" And Tom [Welling], because he works so much with Allison as well, had a couple of really great hints to share with me. It was a team effort, and it was a riot.

TVGuide.com: Now let's talk about the season finale. What three words would you use to describe it?
Durance: Let me think... . I would say heartbreaking, surprising .. and magical.


Read the rest of her interview @ TVGuide.com.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin