Wednesday, January 23, 2008

James Rousseau: Kate is My Inspiration

Model and aspiring musician James Rousseau was interviewed by BBC’s breakfast presenter Howard Bentham Monday morning. This is the first interview James has ever given in three years and the first time he’s ever publicly spoken about his relationship with actress girlfriend Kate Bosworth. Interview snippets:

On why he wants to get into music now: “Music has always been a big part of my life. My mum plays the guitar and so she used to strum chord progressions and I’d sing with her and make up a melody as I went along, so I loved to harmonise and improvise from a young age. On the stereo there was always Dylan, Neil Young and Johnny Cash playing and I think a lot of my song writing is inspired by those people.”

On whether Kate was the inspiration for the song “To Make You Mine”: “I wrote this as a gift for her. Kate’s always been a great inspiration for me in my life. I’d put music on the back burner for a while and when we started seeing each other I’d play her songs and she used to say you should definitely go back into the studio and start recording so I owe a lot to her for really pushing me to get back in there.”

The interview is posted at BBC. You have to use the fast forward buttons to skip forward 2 hours and 10 minutes (that is 8 presses of the 15 minutes button and two presses of the 5 minutes). The interview will start up a minute or two later.

And if you haven’t already, check out Rousseau’s premiere song here.


Source: Just Jared

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin